Exchequer Funding Needs and Sources
|EXCHEQUER FUNDING REQUIREMENTS & SOURCES 2017|
|Opening (End-2016) Exchequer Cash & Other Liquid Short-Term Investments Balance (Note 1)||8.6|
|2017 Funding Requirements|
|Exchequer Borrowing Requirement (EBR) (Note 2)||2.2|
|Bond Maturities (Note 3)||6.3|
|Other (Note 4)||3|
|2017 Funding Sources|
|Government Bonds (Note 5)||11|
|Net Short-term Paper (STP)||1.5|
|Other Funding Sources (Note 6)||0.5|
|Change in Exchequer Cash & Other Liquid Short-Term Investments (- is an increase)||-1.5|
|Projected Closing (End-2017) Exchequer Cash & Other Liquid Short-Term Investments Balance||10.1|
Figures are estimates, as of January 2017. End-2016 figures are unaudited and therefore subject to revision.
Rounding may affect totals.
1. Excludes non-liquid financial asset classes such as Housing Finance Agency (HFA) Guaranteed Notes and CSA Collateral Funding.
2. Department of Finance Budget 2017 estimate (October 2016).
3. Includes Amortising Bonds..
4. Includes general contingencies and potential bond purchases.
5. The NTMA announced on 13 December 2016 that it plans to issue €9 – €13bn of Government bonds in 2017. €11bn is used as an indicative figure in this presentation.
6. Includes net State Savings (Retail) and other Medium/Long-term (MLT) funding.